One of the most difficult and important decision in a man's life is who he will marry. Why many men delay before popping the question is bec
One of the most difficult and important decision in a man’s life is who he will marry. Why many men delay before popping the question is because they are yet to know if she is the one. Most ladies don’t know about this, and at the end they will say that they don’t know why the man is yet to propose after many years of dating or being in a relationship.
In this article, we will examine why it is important to know that she is the one before asking the question “will you be my wife? the characteristics of the right one, and the need to physically and spiritually examine your compatibility with her.
The Importance of Knowing She Is The One.
The importance of knowing she is the right one for you cannot be overemphasized. There is a saying that behind every successful man, there is a woman. Many great men have been destroyed because of the type of women they married, and many previously unknown men have been helped by their wives to achieve greatness in life. Amos 3:3 said, “Can two walk together, except they be agreed”. This verse can also be applied as “can a marriage succeed if the two are not compatible?” Therefore there is great need to be assured that you are in the right path before popping the question to your lady.
Some of the Characteristics of the Right One.
In Proverbs 31:10 the Bible said “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.” Many people are going after the the external qualities in a woman such as beauty, position, academic qualifications, social status, etc. They forget what verse 30 said, “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.” This tells us that they external qualities can change at any time, but the inward nature is what will make or mar a marriage.
The characteristics of the right one include:
1. She is God fearing. – A woman that is God fearing will surely see that her home is constantly under God’s divine supervision. If you therefore want your home to be under God, go for a prayerful woman, a woman that is on fire for God, a God fearing woman that will do anything to make sure her family is right with God.
2. She is a partner. – The right one will partner with you and help you to achieve the greatness you want in life. She will totally understand your life goals and carry it as her own.
3. She is submissive. – There cannot be two captains in a ship, lest it will sink. If the lady you are dating is the bossy type, then you might need to have a rethink. The Bible emphasized that the man is the head of the family, the wife as a compliment.
4. She respects your opinion. – A marriage will surely fail if the wife is always going against the opinion of the husband. The right one will respect your opinion.
5. She is a homemaker. – The right one will make your home to be home indeed. You will not be afraid nor feel uneasy about going home after the day’s work.
6. She is purposeful. – The right one is a lady of purpose. She knows what she wants in life, and will endeavor to live her life according to her life purpose.
Spiritual and Physical Examination for Compatibility.
After knowing about the the characteristics of what the right one looks like, you will need to examine how compatible the two of you will be.
Physically, you should be attracted to her. – If you are not physically attracted to a lady, kindly run away. The right one will be someone that you will be happy to see her face first thing every morning. You will be really attracted to her, and you should also be attracted to her.
There must be deep love for her. – Of course you will love her. If you are finding it difficult to love the lady that you are dating, then you should back off. Your love for the right one will come naturally, and of course, she should also love you. If you feel that she doesn’t love you, don’t pop up the question.
The two of you should also be intellectually compatible, must be able to think and reason alike. This will help in building a healthy relationship when married.
Spiritually, you must have the inner witness and peace of the Holy Spirit that she is the one. You must also be on the same line spiritually. A believer cannot marry and unbeliever and vice versa.
Marriage should be enjoyed and not endured. That is why you must be sure that she is the right one before asking the big question. With this article, I believe that you are more enlightened as to what you need to do or know before asking that question. Best of wishes to you.
By: Jojo Favoured