With the world changing rapidly, E-commerce has also become a fast-growing shopping trend. What is E-commerce? E-commerce, a fast-growing shopping
With the world changing rapidly, E-commerce has also become a fast-growing shopping trend.
What is E-commerce?
E-commerce, a fast-growing shopping trend is also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce. E-commerce allows purchasing and selling of products or services using the internet, and the exchange of money and data to execute these transactions.
E-commerce is regularly used to refer to the sale of actual products online, not just this, but it can also describe any kind of commercial transaction.
From trading cattle with your neighbor, to purchasing pizza on the internet—plainly commerce has changed immensely over the long haul.
Be that as it may, what was the catalyst for everything? How accomplished something like E-commerce become this $1.915 trillion industry? It surely has a history!
The Unexpected story of how E-commerce started: On the August 11, 1994, first online sale took place, a man sold a CD by the band sting to his friend through his website (American retail platform called NetMarket).
This was the first ever online sale and an example of a consumer buying a product online or E-commerce.
Founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos once said, ‘’We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.’’
But there can’t be pros without cons and ups without downs and that’s the case with E-commerce. Let’s discuss a few:
• Lower startup cost is one of the E-commerce benefits. E-commerce guarantees lower startup cost as your online store is Online, you would only need to hire employees at a certain stage.
• Another advantage of E-commerce is potential income. Without a doubt, online stores are 24/7 open. In any part of the world, you can attract someone at 11 pm or 4 am. By being available 24/7, you can attract people who might normally buy a product in stores if the outlet were open.
• The best part about E-commerce is that you can sell your products internationally. A new brand can sell products worldwide and customers from any part of the world can buy a product with minimum shipping and get the product at their doorsteps.
• One of the disadvantages of E-commerce is Site Crash which can put a full stop to buying capabilities. E-commerce is completely reliant on internet connection. Such a tiny word but can put a whole business down within a few seconds.
• A customer cannot try and test the product online before buying. It takes a ton of guts to change this lifetime habit where you can’t try, test and touch a product for your satisfaction. It depends on your luck if a product turns out to be same as you purchased.
• Another disadvantage of E-commerce is late delivery. While ordering an item the customers are guaranteed that the product will reach them within seven days or a specific time span. By and large that doesn’t happen, not being able to contact customer service, and you may have to return the product because they delivered the wrong product.
There are so many disadvantages when it comes to E-commerce, but the advantages are always the reasons why we keep going back.
- Always check the reviews.
- As questions on their website.
- Contact the company or seller before proceeding to purchase.
- Check customer protection.
- Place your order a week or two before the date you need the product to avoid disappointments
Now the next decision is yours to make!
By: Joan Anointed Anoka